Sunday 8 April 2012

Week One

The beginning...

Day One- Today was off to a rocky start. We were up through the night with a sick little bub so my early morning run got thrown off track. I did some stair climbing on my stair machine and a half hour on the exercise bike instead. The day was enjoyable and I finished the day off with a 8k barefoot. My foot was pretty sore this arvo which was disappointing as it has been coming much better. I plugged through though and enjoyed the afternoon sunshine. I was able to stick to 100% vegan today which was a top start to the plan. I am very excited and looking forward to the next 99days!

Day 2- Runners high! It has been a while since I have felt that full on euphoric feeling but right now I am grinning from ear to ear, high on the good stuff...LIFE!

So this morning I did my 10k at the hummock (hill day) with Jodie. Now she usually only does 5k there but decided to step it up today, doubling her distance. The first lap went as normal but the second started to get her a bit. I did my best to encourage her (with a little yelling) talking her through each section. I can proudly say my training buddy And friend smashed it in and did a super job! This is going back to my blog a few weeks ago and encouraging others. I went away from that run not even caring about what I had done but so proud of Jod's because of what she had accomplished!

I then got to shot my gun at firearms training today...a perk of the job!

In the arvo we had Bundy Road Runners. Now this is usually just a nice steady pace with Matty or Brett or both. Brett had the pram today so it was me and Robbo. We were running along as usual and got to the 5k mark and hear our spilt of 5:22 pace. I challenged Matt that we had to get under 5:20 pace by the end of the run and had 2k to do it in. I then felt like I wad flying. This session I always do barefoot and it felt awesome! We hooked in and were doing about 4:45-4:50 pace! We ended our 7k averaging 5:15min per km! I am SO proud of Matty for his efforts and how far he has come in such a shoot time! Amazing! I was wrapped also as I don't usually run that quick and to do that speed barefoot and after a 10k hill session in the morning I was stoked! One very happy camper!

Today was a ripper! Life is grand, smile and run fast every now and then...it is fun!

Day 3 - Well today was a bit non-eventful. I clocked up 14k of running plus time on my stepper but did it a little tough. This was a combination of hard training yesterday and battling the flu. I don't have it, but it is lingering. I am doing what I can to fight it. Food wise it has been a bit tough and I have felt a little like eating some junk. I withheld the temptation though and got through the day clean as a whistle. I am praying this flu will go away as I have much training and living to do!

Day 4-6 - well the last few days have been busy and a bit up and down. Thursday and Friday were ups. Diet went well and got some good training in. Today however (Easter) I have allowed myself a day off from my eating plan to relish in the festivities. It has been a super day and I got a top 30k run in this morning without hardly any fatigue! Stoked!

I have been reviewing myself and plans a little and going to change a couple of things up from the original plan. I don't think the timing is exactly right for my vegan eating. It is surely something that I am interested in in the future but I just don't feel the timing is exactly right now.

Secondly, I can't maintain my daily posts on here. It is all bit hectic finding the time somedays to get things typed up.

So...where to from here. I am going back to my healthy vegetarian diet. I want to get it in check and under control. Healthy eating a vast majority of the time is the plan. Secondly I still want to reach my goal of under 75kg by my 30th birthday. Focus, determination and drive will get me there!

So that has been the week that has been! I am smashing out the k's again, getting my diet down pat and lovin life!

I hope that you have all had a Stella Easter and enjoyed the day as I have. Lets get back on focus tomorrow and hook in like a banchi!

Until next time friends! Run on!

No comments:

Post a Comment