MY PEOPLE! Well, I haven't really felt like a runner as of late let me tell you! Whist I am back training (elliptical and spin bike at the gym...ugh!) there has still been no running due to the stress fracture in my foot. My physio has said that I am aloud to start running tomorrow, however I am giving it an extra two weeks (shock and awe!!!!) to make sure it is healed and ready to go for the rest of the year.
It has been tough! I have REALLY missed my daily routine of getting out the door early, starting the day beautifully. My daily meditation practice of running has been sorely missed, however it will be back soon! I really think though that this has re-lit the fire in the belly for when I am back clicking off the miles.
So, in saying this, I thought I would take this opportunity to let y'all know my plans for the rest of the year. I have just done up my calendar and diary and I can't wait to get started tomorrow. I am SUPER keen to start running here at the Sunshine Coast. I think I was a decent trail mountain runner whilst living in Bundy (with no trails or mountains!), however now I am living where there is some serious hills and trails, I am super excited to see what I am capable of. Bring it on mountain goat! So here it is!
- Two more weeks at the gym, then four weeks running for my comeback race, Cooks Tour 30k. I am going to use this time to drop some serious weight, get my mind right and in some decent shape for the second half of the year.
- Flinders Tour 50k. This is a 'A' Goal this year. I am aiming for a finish time under 4hrs 30min.
- Maybe River Run 100k. This is three weeks before Glasshouse 100miler so Ill see where Im at when the time is closer.
- Glasshouse 100miler. Another 'A' Goal race. I am setting myself a massive goal and aiming to finish in under 20hrs this year. Ohhhhh the enormity of this excites me!
- Blackall 100. This is a new event being put on by Run Queensland http://www.runqueensland.com/index.html Whilst I have no idea how fast I will run here, the course is going to be AMAZING (now in my backyard, the Sunshine Coast Great Walk (think Maleny, Montville, waterfalls etc etc)! This is probably the race that I am most looking forward to this year, purely on a new, beauty side of things. Alun and the crew at Run Queensland are sure to do an amazing job as usual and I think this is going to become a premier event in Australia.
- Maybe Coast 2 Kosi. Whilst I had an incredible time at this event last year, it is essentially a road race, expensive to do and a LONG way. I am much more suited to trail events (the tougher the better) and 100k or 100mile events, but well see. It is hard to ignore the specialness of this event. Truly epic!
- Any other smaller or super fun events that may come along.
As a side point, I am also going to be checkpoint chief at the halfway point at Wildhorse Criterium Easter Weekend. This is gonna be super fun to help out in a way I have always wanted to but never had the chance to due to running. I will be there with new friend Meagan and Coach Jeff so it will be a hoot! Get ready for some vegan goodies!
So....there you have it friends. I am going to be training seriously focused and doing bulk k's on some gnarly hills and trails so I think the possibilities for this year and my running going forward are endless. Thanks for your support during my down time and I can't wait to see you all out running soon! Smile, love all and run free friends! YES!
P.S - Dont forget I am still blogging for Nanas Pantry in Bundaberg - https://nanaspantry.com.au/blog I am also in the process of hopefully getting involved and maybe writing for my new workplaces magazine, who's first issue only got released last week. Check it out if you get a chance. It is a very professional publication with some really great information/articles. I am not entirely sure exactly how I will be involved yet but I am super excited and keen! Check out http://www.kunara.com.au/kunara-newsletter-oct.html
Lastly - I just want to thank http://www.injinjiperformanceproducts.com.au for their ongoing support. They have been looking after me with shoes and gear and I can't wait to keep this relationship going in the coming times. I am also in talks with Pocket Fuel USA about their products so who knows what exciting things may come of that! Stay tuned!