Saturday 3 December 2011

Change of plans...

Well, it has been a while between drinks!  But I am back with another effort of rambling!  It is good to be here, typing to myself, knowing that my friends and random strangers will soon be reading my nonsense!  I apologise for my time between blogs but somehow, things always tend to get hectic and time gets away from me.  In saying that, I am wanting to make this a bit more regular from here on in, and have some topics I wish to vent, so you will hopefully be hearing from me a bit more often from here on in! 

So, I guess the big news that I need to vent first, is that after much discussion and thought, the Run Across Auz we were planning is off…or at least been postponed for a number of years.  There were a number of reasons for our decision but all parties concerned thought it best to call things off at this time and possibly look at other options.  I am definitely going to complete this challenge in my lifetime but the general consensus is that that time is just not yet.

In saying that, we obviously wanted to do something else substantial…with a bit less organising and stress!  So after a bit of thought, and a bit more to do, we have had the idea of going on a family holiday (Tegs, Pria, Mum, Dad and I) around Tassie.  The catch is though, is that Dad and I will run around the little island!  It all might sound a little selfish but this idea stemmed from my previous blog about ‘running for running’s sake’.  We have talked about taking about four weeks, running maybe 50k ish a day and taking a rest day every three to five days to sight see and enjoy the beauty of Tassie.  Running for the sheer enjoyment of running!  Nothing to fundraise for, no pressure, just good times!  Run, rest, coffee, laugh…have a ball!  Don’t hold it against me but I am very excited!

So that is the big news…again…there is always something in the pipeline that is my mellon!

Apart from that, all else is well!  The training is cruising along nicely and I am loving the sandals and barefoot running!  I did my biggest week so far since switching over last week and covered 125km.  The best thing about this is that I did not even feel sore or worn out…this will be discussed in a future post and my thoughts on it…wait for it! 

I am really looking forward to my next event which will be Hares and Hounds on the second weekend in January.  Will be great to be back on the trails at the Glasshouse Mountains, catching up with friends and hopefully making some new ones!  This will be my first Ultra in my sandals and I am already feeling the fittest I have been in a long time and keen as mustard for a good hit out.  It probably sounds a bit weird but it will seem a bit strange to be finished an event in 6-6.5hours instead of 15-30hours!  Nice little stroll in the bush!  Ha!  Good times!

So friends, that is about all the goss for this blog!  As I mentioned I have a few topics that I want to cover in the near future so I look forward to sharing them with you!

I hope this finds you all well, safe and loving life!  I got emailed a few quotes the other day so I will leave you with a few of the good ones!

Stay true friends, love life and RUN ON!!!
‘Some people collect stamps – I collect miles.’
‘Ounces of discipline or tonnes of regret.’
‘You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.’
‘Even if your on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there!’

And my favourite…‘My sport is your sports punishment!’

NOTE - As an extra, yesterday we run the last of the Lighthouse Series races at Burnett Heads.  I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Sherry and all the crew for putting in so much hard work and time to make these runs not only very enjoyable but also a great success!  The work that they do of their own free will at Bundy Road Runners is to be commended and it is super that the town now has an organised group to show off!  Let it continue to grow in numbers and get more and more people running!  WELL DONE GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment